Thursday, January 30, 2014

Dads Water Jug


Growing up one of my favorite things was when Dad would get home from work; it was a race to get to Dad and get the first love.  He also had a water jug on his work truck that was always full of ice water.  We would stay out talking, laughing and drinking ice cold water.  Shon was just a little guy well he has never been little.  He was always taller and broader than the average kid his age.  Any way he loved ice water.  He could drink gallons.

As we got older we stopped racing out to see dad.  I never thought about how it made dad feel.  We just figured we were getting too old to do that.  I think I know how Dad felt now that I have experienced some of the same things.

The boys used to be really excited when I would get home from work.  Like me I think they think they are too old.  I come home now they do not even get up off the couch to give me a love.  Oh I know they love me and I should not get the poor me attitude.  Maybe I should get a big old ice jest and fill it full of sodas and I could bribe them into racing out to see their old man. 

On a more serious note this really makes me feel bad that I done the same thing to Dad.  Dad I am really sorry.  I want you to know that I love you and always have loved you.  I have few regrets in life but if I could redo growing up this is one thing I would defiantly change.  Mom I know you talked to us about this when we stopped racing out; I wish I would have listened better.
Well maybe if any younger people read this they might learn from my mistakes.  The time we spent out at that water cooler was some of my happiest times.

No comments:

Post a Comment