Saturday, January 18, 2014

Grateful

I was reflecting on the past eight months of being on the road.  It has been hard being away from my family but the lessons I have learned have been invaluable.  The one thing about driving truck I had plenty of time to think and ponder.
I guess the biggest lesson I have learned is to not take the everyday things for granted.  I would like to share a few things that I might not have been as grateful for as I am now.
My wife; Pretty Girl, The smell of her hair, The smoothness of her skin, her kisses and hugs, holding her tight in my arms at night, her yummy deserts; Magic Cookie Bars is just one of them, the things she dose around the house, her making sure I have clean clothes, Her taking care of the boys.  I think the thing I am most grateful for is her faith in Jesus Christ and our Heavenly Father.  I also am grateful just to be around her she is my best friend.
My boys each one of them have so many things I might not have appreciated as much until I was gone.  I remember my Grandpa.  We would all be gathered at his house for a get together.  He would sit in his easy chair turn down his hearing aid and just look around and smile.  I think I know that feeling now; just being around my boys watching them and of course sometimes I wish I had a hearing aid to turn down.  Not really for the most part I love hearing them tease each other and to hear them goofing off.  I miss going to church with them and watching them do their Priesthood duties.  They strengthen my testimony.
My home, living in a truck eating canned food and eating out at truck stops can really help you to appreciate home.  Oh and Pretty Girls breakfast there is nothing like it.  You may not know it but I like to bake and cook for my family, they are always gracious and pretend to like my experiments I think some things do turn out pretty good. My bed it’s not a new bed but it’s mine.  There is one thing I am really grateful for its kind of selfish but I really miss my hot coco and honey drink.
Our animals I really miss having them around me.  There is something about being able to talk with the horses and dog; I guess they really listen and have a love that only animals can have.  Even that cat of Jacobs; we have a special relationship she hates me and I dislike her, but I miss that darn cat mainly because Jacob loves her so much.
I have no regrets, I know that the lessons I have learned from driving truck and being away from my family is for my growth and my family’s.  I have come to realize that our Heavenly Father is going to be there for us no matter what path we have chosen.  I know he loves us and wants what is best for us but will never take away our agency.
I have no regrets, I know that the lessons I have learned from driving truck and being away from my family is for my growth and my family’s.  I have come to realize that our Heavenly Father is going to be there for us no matter what path we have chosen.  I know he loves us and wants what is best for us but will never take away our agency.
The road.  It has been hard being away from my family but the lessons I have learned have been invaluable.  The one thing about driving truck I had plenty of time to think and ponder.

1 comment:

  1. We are grateful for you also! We love you and sure miss you when you are gone!

    ReplyDelete