Thursday, January 9, 2014

Good Old Music


During dinner we got listening to some good old music.  Ray Stevens, Bobby Bare were just a few.  I wish we had singer song writers like this today.  The old music has a way of making me feel good inside.  I just love the old talking songs.  Ray Stevens; The Blue Cyclone, The Hair Cutting Song, It’s Me Again Margret.  Bobby Bare; The Winner, The Jogger.   Roger Miller; King Of The Road.  I am not sure who sings? Please Pass The Biscuits, My Voice Keeps Changing On Me.  Tom T Hall; Sneaky Snake.  Cal Smith; Country Pumpkin.  Oakridge Boys; Elvira.  I could go on forever. 

Talking about old country music brings back some good old memories.  When I was younger Mom had lots of old records.  We would be sitting down stairs Mom would start playing these old records; I mainly remember the smiles on Dad and Moms faces.  We would spend some good quality time as a family listening and even singing sometimes.  The love would be so strong I could feel it.  This is probably the reason I love to listen to old country music today.  I would love to go back and relive some of them times.   

No comments:

Post a Comment