Tuesday, January 21, 2014

I Was Wondering


I was wondering, why am I doing this blog thing?  I really am not sure.  I have never been a writer or even good at spelling.  I just know I have had the strongest desire to write.  I fought it for several months telling myself I must be going crazy in my truck.  I would ketch myself thinking of things to write down, not anything specific just random thoughts.

I finally gave in a little bit and started texting my family about anything that came to my mind.  Yes I am sure I was driving them crazy also.  This texting thing kind of helped ease the desire for a short time but then it got worse it was like giving into an addiction; if any of you have ever had an addiction you know what I am talking about.  I kept texting but it felt like I needed to do more.

That’s when I started writing in a notebook but the way I write I was going through paper like crazy.  Not because I was writing too much I was making way to many mistakes; I would reread what I wrote and it just did not make much sense so I would rip it out and start over.  I am sure you are thinking, well he is not doing much better.

I finally got the old computer up and running. This made it much easier for me to just delete certain things and not everything.  I wrote my first story ever in a notebook and moved it to the computer.  For most people this would not be that big of a deal.  For me it was a great accomplishment and I felt it was inspired; The Dream Ranch.

 I was able to corner my boys and Pretty Girl just after Christmas.  I made them be the Ginny pigs, I asked Pretty Girl to read it, knowing I would get choked up; I know it’s silly but I get pretty emotional lately.  Any way I think it went over quite well at least they did not boo or laugh at me of course they might have just been being nice to their old man.  I felt like a weight had been lifted from my shoulders after completing the story and then again it was like I had given into another addiction I felt I needed to start writing again. 

So I started this crazy blog.  I ketch myself thinking often about what I want to write about it is seldom anything I plan most of the time it is things that just pop into my mind.  I still feel I am being inspired to write.  Although I have no idea why, but who am I to argue with inspiration.  I hope someday I might figure out why I need to do this. 
 For those of you that humor me and read my post thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment