Tuesday, January 14, 2014

The Milking Disease


When Trevor was around five he came down with what I thought must be a virus or a disease.  I had never seen anything like it; little round Bruce’s all over on his fleshy parts of his body.  He had them on his cheeks, arms, and belly.  I and his mother were pretty concerned we read the medical books.  We asked around no one had ever seen anything like it.  He said they did not hurt him they would go away but more would appear. 

One night I figured I had better go check on Tyler and Trevor.  They did the evening milking and it was taking them longer than it should.  I thought maybe the milking machine might of quite working.  It was a one cow machine it had a compressor a portable tank with four hoses one for each tit.  The old milk cows were pretty gentle they were pure breed Holsteins but they had lost one quarter of their bag.  As I was getting close I figured I would sneak up on the boys and see what they were doing.  I could hear Tyler tell Trevor he needed to make sure the one milkier not in use was blocked off or the rest would quit milking.  As I got close enough to see into the milking shed through the cracks.  I could see Trevor sticking the milkier where ever he could to keep the others milking.

I should have known when I milked I would just stick one of my fingers in the fourth milkier and the rest would work just fine.  Poor Trevor’s fingers were too small so he could only let it get suction on his fleshy skin.  I was happy to find the cure for his virus or disease.  I did build a plug for them to use when milking.  I have to hand it to them boys they did whatever it took to get the milking done. 

I sure love my boys and I am so glad they gave me so many good memories.      

1 comment: