Monday, February 10, 2014

Toat Goat and Woopty Doos


Tote Goat; who knows what a tote goat is?  Well we used to have one growing up we loved it.  I was telling Hunter about a time we were at the sand hills with it.  So I thought I would share it on my blog.

Once in a while Dad would load up the old tote goat and we would go on an outing.  This particular time we headed for the Sand Hills.  Now the old tote goat did not do very well in the sand but behind the sand hills was some clay woopty doos.  We loved taking the tote goat over the little rolling clay hills.  If you went as fast as you could over the woopty doos you could get butterflies in your stomach. 

We all took turns giving each other rides.  It was my turn and I was giving Angie a ride she was just little.  I took her straight back to the woopty doos; every time I would go over one she would squeal.  I thought she was having fun and liked going over the woopty doos.  I went over them several times before heading back to give someone else a turn.

When I got back to the others I picked Angie up and handed her to Steven.  As I handed her to Steven I noticed something missing on the tote goat.  Now let me describe how the tote goat was set up.  The motor was a Briggs and Stratum and it was positioned about half way under the seat and to the front.  The spark plug was just in front of the seat with a heavy peace of rubber flap covering it. The seat was just big enough for one person so the passenger would need to ride just in front of the seat on the rubber flap.

I guess you can probably imagine what I noticed missing when I handed Angie to Steven.  You are right the rubber flap was gone.  Needless to say I don’t think she really liked the woopty doos at all; every time I would go over the woopty doos it would bounce Angie just enough to touch the spark plug.  Now I don’t know if you have ever been shocked by a spark plug; I have it will light you right up. 

I did feel bad but it was kind of funny.  We did find the rubber flap and get it back on at least that day. 
Sorry Angie  it was not intentional it was an accident.     

No comments:

Post a Comment