Thursday, March 13, 2014

On The Road Again

Getting ready to get back out on the road again. I will be loading tomorrow for Wiliston North Dakota just a few miles from the house and reloading for Vernal Utah and from there who knows.  I am going to try to be home on the 21st it is a speacial day I hope I can make that happen.  I just hate leaving my family but I like that I can provide for them. 

I had to do some work on the truck while I was home nothing serious just a couple lights and secure my fridge from coming out.  I did pick up a microwave this will make it much better hot meals instead of cold.  I did splurge a while ago and buy me one of them small coffee makers; not for coffee but to heat my water for my coco and honey.  Its funny how such small things can improve life.  I started drinking this when I quite coffee and now I am addicted but I do like it and I am the only person that knows how I like it. 

I am starting to pick up some good customers closer to home.  I sure hope I can continue to take care of them.  Trucking is a hard business the profit margin is quite low.  The fuel and maintenance is very expensive. 

My Grandpa once told me, once you starte it will get in your blood.  You know he was right I do enjoy seeing new places and being on the road.  I never thought I would but I really enjoy seeing Gods creation and meeting new people. 

I would still rather have my Dream Ranch but until then I guess this will have to do.  Just a few more years and Pretty Girl will be able to come along.  That might be exciting she is not much for traveling around.  Maybe by then I will be able to take more time and stop more places instead of just driving by.

No comments:

Post a Comment