Thursday, March 13, 2014

Keeping My Spirits High


Keeping my spirits high?  Sometimes I find myself feeling down.  This really frustrates me I want to be of good cheer and lift the people around me.  I do not want to bring the people around me down.

I have put a lot of thought into this.  What do I do when I get feeling down?  How do I overcome this glum?  How do I keep it from affecting others?

I am not sure the answer would be the same for everyone but I have come up with a few ideas that seem to work for me.

Pray talk to our Heavenly Father.  He wants to hear from us even though he already knows.  I found this to be the most important thing I can do.

Count your blessings.  I know by counting my blessings I realize I really am blessed beyond measure.  When I do this I can always feel the love of my Heavenly Father much more. 

Service is always a good way to overcome the self-pity.  I am not sure how it works or why it works but it really works for me.  I guess it might be because I am not just thinking of myself.

Stop take a moment and think about all the people in your life.  I think about how much I love them and they love me.  If I get a negative feeling about someone or something it’s a good time to evaluate.  I find most of the time it is me that needs an attitude adjustment.

These are just a few things that help me.  I needed to practice this today so I thought I would share it.  I hope it will help others as much as it helps me.

I am so blessed to have such a great family and especially my wife.  I do not know what I would do without them.    

No comments:

Post a Comment